Dispelling rage

Got questions about how to use the add on that are not answered on the wiki? Here is where to ask.
agarmaethor

Dispelling rage

Post by agarmaethor » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:56 am

Hi,

because of another problem I opened a new topic. I hope, this is ok.

Playing my Druid I found mobs with a Rage-Buff. Druids (and some Hunter-Pets) have skills (like Soothe - ID 2908 or Ghostshock - ID 264265 ), dispelling the rage-effect.

Searching in your Wiki and under the conditions in the addon I could not find the possibility, to clean rage.

"Has Dispellable Buff"-Condition includes only Magic, Disease, Poison and Curse.

It would be great, if you could include also Rage.

Thanky you a lot

Agarmaethor

Chaldan
Site Admin

Re: Dispelling rage

Post by Chaldan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:27 pm

First, the 'Has Dispellable Debuff' is mainly used for friendly targets, they have a debuff (not a buff) that can be dispelled. The WoW API only identifies those 4 types of debuffs (Magic, Disease, Poison, Curse), which are the 4 kinds of spells that can be removed from friendly players (using things like Cleanse).

From your description, you are talking about buffs on enemy targets. The only information the WoW API gives is if an enemy buff is 'stealable'. However often things like 'Stealable' apply to things like Shaman's 'Purge', and could apply to your 'Soothe'/'Ghostshock' (you could create a condition around it and see if it highlights). I am not sure, but I can only write conditions based on the information the WoW API gives me. I will check the API to see if there is a separate IsEnraged call or something, with which I could create a new conditional.

agarmaethor

Post by agarmaethor » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:23 pm

I understand the problem. During next days I try to test it with stealable buffs (i thought, that this only means vor mages, stealing buffs). Maybe it works. I hope so :)

Thanks

Agarmaethor

agarmaethor

Post by agarmaethor » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi,

first i should say, that I am no clou about programming, so it may be stupid, what i write now.

But after using google I found a website about Wow-Api

https://wow.gamepedia.com/API_UnitAura

There is a line about "Debufftypes" saying:

String - type of the aura ("Magic", "Disease", "Poison", "Curse", or an empty string for Enrage effects), or nil for auras that do not have a type

Maybe this could help, using an empty sting?

Chaldan
Site Admin

Post by Chaldan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:49 am

I've uploaded v1.0.6 which adds the Enrage, I am not sure if it works or not, but it does as you suggest, checks for an empty string.

agarmaethor

Post by agarmaethor » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi,

I tested it today with two mobs having an rage and I tested it together with a druid (he ONLY can steal rage and no magic) to ensure, that the enemy-buff is really an enrage-buff.

It worked!

Thank you very much.

Agarmaethor

Chaldan
Site Admin

Post by Chaldan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:07 pm

Glad to hear it. As I don't play a hunter right now, I could not test it.

Feel free to post your rotation if you think it's useful in the Hunter forum :)

agarmaethor

Post by agarmaethor » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:18 pm

I will, as soon as i feel, my rotation is nearly perfect (for me). Right now I am working on priorities for cases, when several skills are up (because its not always the same priority). But I do not think, the work will take much time. A few days maybe. :)

EmileSmopy

Dispelling rage

Post by EmileSmopy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:40 pm

I believe the affect immobilization remains in effect, until one tries to move, that is leave the room. It may take several attempts to break free. Ive take it as dispelling the magic which animates the entangling vines is fine, but one still has to break out of those now non-magic vines physically.